Thursday, March 18, 2010

Unemployed...again

So there you go! I had been working for a company and last week I contacted a friend to let her know that I had decided to start looking for a new job. Not that I needed one, but because I felt it was time to find something that compensated me more appropriately for the time and effort I put into the job I was doing. That same day I had been called in to discuss the opportunity of a promotion at the same company. Despite the opportunity, I still felt I should look.

Fast forward to the next day and bam! The same person I discussed the promotion with told me that the CEO had decided that the company couldn't afford the new position and my current position would be eliminated. I honestly tried not to smile as I got the news. Yes, it is better to look for a job when you are employed, but I really wanted to leave and not come back and until that moment, I really didn't have a reason to do so. I guess maybe I should have given my 2 weeks notice the day before--then I would have had at least 2 weeks to find something!!

This cloud has a silver lining!!

No comments: