Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Labels

I recently purchased some multivitamins. I like them because I can take one vitamin and feel that I am doing what I can to ensure that my body is getting the nutrients that I might not get from the foods I eat. The brand I recently purchased is One-a-day. Assuming I only had to take one of them a day, I thought little of it.

A few days after purchasing the multivitamins, I was reading the label and noticed that I am actually supposed to take two a day! My first thought was that if I had realized I was supposed to take two each day I would have gone with a different type of multivitamin.


Oddly enough, I started thinking about other things in life and how labels would help out in making decisions on them. Hmm, what if there were labels on guys, jobs, friends, decisions, etc.?


As I continued to ponder my musing, I wondered if labels would really help. Part of the experience of life is learning. How much would I really learn if I just looked at labels and avoided people or things that had warnings on their labels? Or would I pay any attention to the labels at all? Obviously I was provided information on the label of mulitvitamins but I didn't bother reading it before making the purchase.


I guess it really is best to live and learn , even if labels are included!

No comments: